My client is a leading light in the Australian clothing and apparel industry and have recently introduced a highly innovative technology that will revolutionize the way that clothes and apparel is made to measure and customized. With recent rounds of funding and exciting opportunities to move into the US market, this is a truly exciting time to join this growing brand.
Due to recent rapid growth a new Business Development Manager role has been created with a mix of new client acquisition as well as re-engaging older accounts that have since been lost. The account base is made up of Schools who will be ordering custom made clothing for students with the use of the newly designed and integrated platform.
Some of the main duties will include;
- Take complete ownership of the sales cycle from introduction to close
- Solution selling by finding current pain points with current suppliers
- Selling on high quality product and service over price
- Drive customer adoption of a the new advanced ordering system and technology
- Identify and communicate trends in customer interactions which may indicate a change in the market
- Some travel to customers when needed (local and interstate)
- Work closely with Sales Support
- Once the account is won handing it off to an Account Manager who will manage the relationship from that point onwards
The Company is widely regarded as the most reliable and high quality player in the space and, as such, you will be selling on quality and speed of delivery over price.
This is a fantastic Company culture where you will be given plenty of flexibility and can work from home as much as you like. With no set hours, this would also be a great role for a return-to-work Mum or Dad who may need more flexibility and might also have a more intimate knowledge of the local education system.
You will be given plenty of autonomy in this role, in what is an outcome driven role and will also be offered five weeks of annual leave per year.
In addition to this you will have the opportunity for future growth as this proprietary technology can be applied to different market segments included Distributors and Corporate clients.
To be successful you must have a proven sales track record in a B2B new business role with a full sales cycle. Exerience in apparel / clothing sales is also highly regarded.
Most important, however, is a sales hunter mentality and a pro-active approach with the ability to work autonomously.